Steve's Progress with OCA

This blog is for the learning log for Steve Estill's progress in the study for the BA in Photography with OCA.

The first Module was Photography 1 - The Art Of Photography.
The second module was Photography 1 - Digital Photographic Practice - started in January 2012 and finished in May
For the third module see the new blog at http://moreocapnp.blogspot.co.uk/

Thursday 29 March 2012

Evaluation:

In this section I’ve reinforced my opinions regarding RAW files over JPEG. The advantages in using Raw over jpeg images far outweigh the disadvantages.
This has been further reinforced in the colour optimization and colour management section.
Generally I’d say that the raw image was more versatile, particularly with the use of the brushes in the Raw editor, and consistently produces a better result. Much better control is available for image adjustments.
Interpretive processing is something I’ve been involved with in my ‘creative’ groups within the PSA. The PSA description of creative is ‘altered reality’ and this type of processing lends itself to it.
I’ve enjoyed the Black and White section of this part. It’s been made more evident what makes a good Black and White image. Revisiting the techniques has been good for me, even considering those that I did in my darkroom. These techniques also apply to the ‘colour to tone’ section which I’ve appreciated too.

No comments:

Post a Comment